Westview is located in the West Side neighborhood of Jersey City along New Jersey State Route 440 (“Route 440”). The subject property is identified as Lots 1, 13, 14, 17, 24, & 25 on Block 21701. The subject property is irregularly shaped and has frontages on Route 440, Culver Avenue, Mallory Avenue, Pollack Avenue, Claremont Avenue, and Water Street. In total, the subject property is approximately 361,101 square feet (8.29 acres). Westview is split-zoned and located within both the High-Rise and Mid-Rise B Zones of the Redevelopment Plan.
Westview consists of a multi-phase development consisting of three mixed-use, high-rise commercial, and residential buildings. The proposed project will also consist of a subdivision that will divide the subject property into five lots. The subdivision will create and/or realign several rights-of-way, including the Hudson Bergen Light Rail (“HBLR”) extension right-of-way, in accordance with the Redevelopment Plan, and will create open space, including public and private open space areas.
- The acquisition, consolidation, and re-subdivision of land within the Redevelopment Area into suitable parcels for development for the new anticipated land uses.
- Demolition of structures determined to be impediments to sound and comprehensive redevelopment.
- Provision for a full range of public infrastructure necessary to service and support the new development in the Redevelopment Area.
- Construction of new structures and complementary facilities that are consistent with the recommendations of the Master Plan and this Redevelopment Plan, and which provide for a broad range of commercial, residential, and service
- Reservation of land for construction of new rail, vehicular, and pedestrian rights-of-way.
- Enhance the pedestrian environment and general appearance of all existing and proposed roadways within the Area.
Provide enhanced opportunities for bicycle circulation, parking and storage within the Area in accordance with the Circulation Element of the Jersey City Master
- Provide for the orderly phased conversion of vacant land and antiquated industrial land uses and buildings within the Redevelopment Area to a modern, integrated, mixed-use
- Eliminate substandard, obsolete, and/or dilapidated structures and remove blighting influences.
- Promote sustainable development and smart growth planning principles by encouraging the development of a variety of housing choices, sustainable building, and site design, pedestrian-friendly streets, enhanced access to mass transit and neighborhood shopping facilities, shared parking solutions, and a reduction in automobile dependency.